The Ente Parco del Beigua is the public body responsible for co-ordinating efforts to conserve and enhance the Beigua regional nature Park – UNESCO Global Geopark.
The Beigua Park Authority is an entity with administrative and functional autonomy and legal personality established according to the Liguria Regional Law n. 12/1995 (article 7).
The aims of the Park Authority are:
- safeguarding a complex of environmental, landscape, cultural and historical values and preserving the biogenetic values of flora and fauna, as well as the geological heritage
- ensuring better life conditions for the people living in the area
- promoting scientific research and educational programmes
- promoting the recovery of agricultural, silvicultural, and breeding activities compatible with the aims of safeguard
- creating development opportunities through a serious policy aimed at safeguarding the environmental values.
Panorama towards Genova - Loc. Pratorotondo
(photo by PR Beigua)